Thursday, July 5, 2012

Au revoir, Paris!

Lame...I don't know why my blog is acting weird. anyway... I'm sad to leave Paris. Weather has been fabulous, time here has been leisurely, food great...sigh. Exciting times are ahead, though! Next stop: Italy!! DAY 6 in Paris: We totally did the museums out of order, but I wanted to do the ones that mattered to me most. I'm most attracted to modern art, so we made the trek to Centre Pompidou. At the top of this funky building, I believe, is the absolute best view of Paris. It was overwhelmingly gorgeous. To our far left was the Eiffel Tower from a distance. In the center was Notre Dame...to the far far far right on the top of the hill was Sacré Cœur. It was really cool to see how much we were able to cover in 6 days...and even more exciting to know we have MORE to cover when we come back! We did so much while we've been here and we haven't even scratched the surface! Pompidou was amazing...from Picasso to Pollock to Warhol and more...man, they were crazy. The Louvre was our last museum for this trip. I was really nervous about this one and had always avoided it in the past because I've heard it was nothing but chaos...and it is. I'm happy we went, but it was my least favorite because there were too many people distracting me from being able to truly appreciate everything. Like the Mona Lisa...that was the craziest push and shove and elbowing!!! And I swear someone tried to pickpocket me in the crowd to see her, but I elbowed him in the stomach. :-P. We did see amazing work...From da Vinci to Michelangelo to Delacroix...ohmiwow...My artsy friends are going to hate our pictures because we were goofing with the artwork the entire time. (Richie and I aren't cultured like that. We faux pick the nose of statues. :-P) I have new appreciation for Frenchfare food. When I thought French food I used to think fois gras, liver pâté, escargot, dainty portions. It's still fois gras, liver pâté and escargot, but NOW I am reminded that it's rich filled crepes (savory and sweet), croissants, baguettes, fromage, tartare, creme brûlée, eclairs, pommes frites, and crazy LARGE-ass portions!! We've been so gluttonous, but we've been walking miles and miles everyday, so I don't feel so bad. There's this bridge people walk on to lock a special lock and toss the key into the Seine River. They write their names on it and it symbolizes that the love of those who locked the lock will last forever. We bought a lock, wrote our names on it and locked it by the 10th post. Lol, we recorded it...it's pretty deng funny because I couldn't lock it for the longest time! Anyhoo, I should probably start saying goodbye to Paris and start packing. :-( sad day! I hope Rome is good to us. I'm excited to see the Vatican again. Yay for more firsts with my hubbers!

No comments: