Friday, April 17, 2009

Freelance Smile

**I had a very blessed week.**

I was reminded of what it takes to smile and how easy it is to attain.
All I had to do was open my eyes and reach for what is in front of me
...a dream for a true tomorrow. A beautiful euphoric reality.

Dark clouds may come my way, and it's only natural for challenges to appear.
For this ground I walk on is nothing more than earth.
-Hardships. Negative encounters made potentially for me to falter.
...but the light is becoming much brighter now.

This warm, bright, comforting, and consoling light.
This light is breaking down the barriers of the treacherous fog.

These attempts of lightning bolts and ferocity wanting to strike...
...this light calms it all.

You are my clear, bright, and warm light.
You make me smile.
And I'm thankful more and more each day that this is becoming within my reach.

I've prayed long and hard for this moment.
And here you are...my parallel. My mirror.

An untouchable fantasy, becoming flesh.

I pause for a moment. Close my eyes, turn my head away from the darkness that follows behind me.

I have opened my eyes. Your light is not blinding.
This warmth...it brightens and forms my smile.

I thank you for my new goal.

...to be your light.

No comments: