Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 3: I saw Sweden!

Well...kind of. :-) We went to the beach and I saw from far away a beautiful city light view of Sweden. :-)

Today Sidsel and Troels (Sidsel's boyfriend) had to work, so it was the first day I ventured out on my own! :-) Very exciting. I only roamed around Sorgenfri, haven't taken the bus around by myself yet, but I intend to do that tomorrow and take the bus back to Lyngby :-)

When Sidsel got home from work we went to the grocery store to pick up food for dinner, then we went jogging. (I got a workout in during my vacation! YES!) THEN after dinner the *best* part of all...

http://www.louisiana.dk/dk/Service+Menu+Right/English

It was AMAZING! I'm sad we didn't get to stay very long, but we did stay long enough for me to know that I definitely want to study more about Sophie Calle...her art is so bizarre and I was intrigued. :-)

It was a great exhibit, I saw a lot of Andy Warhol, Sophie Calle, and (of course) the Danish Collection. :-) We were so blessed, because we went late at night we practically had the entire museum all to ourselves! I was going to purchase some things for keepsakes, but they would have been all books that I can purchase at home...so I have something to look forward to in the bookstores when I get back into town. :-)

In the evening was when I got the chance to see Sweden with a beautiful August moon reflecting over the water. :-) And we had the beach all to ourselves too! We ended the night visiting with Troel's parents...top night, I say! :-)


Tomorrow, I'm off to Lyngby again and *maybe* Frilandsmuseet:

http://www.nationalmuseet.dk/sw20374.asp

Thursday: Sidsel has the day off! whee! We're going to venture out into Copenhagen!!! Exciting! :-D

:-)

No comments: