Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 13-14: Final Days in Denmark...

Day 13 (Friday):

We did some last minute shopping in Lyngby...found SO many things I wanted to purchase for interior decorating and for the backyard, but alas...1) too expensive 2) won't fit in my suitcase....sigh. Makes my heart hurt. :-P

Went back to Sorgenfri...spent the rest of the afternoon/evening there, had the very last home-cooked yummy meal by Sidsel, Pasta Carbonara yum yum yum! and then...

Off to the Ice Bar in Copenhagen! *SO* fun! *SO* cool, literally! Iced sculptures in the walls...you wear fuzzy, insulated poncho thingies, the cocktail glasses are made of ICE, the tables were ICE, the game tables were ICE, the seats were WOOD (kidding...they were ice too. :-D)

Then we went to a loungy/restauranty/bar...then we had hotdogs that were very yummy, fatty awesomeness...

Came home (U.S. clubbing time...2isham) to find that I may possibly have a job!?!? Maybe...we'll see what is offered to me...I'm coming home to a meeting Monday morning to see about a music teaching position, pray for me, please! (Geez, how ironic would that be...I finally get out of school just to get back in it again...that'd be funny. :-P)


Day 14 (Saturday): Latest I woke up here ever! I knocked the eff OUT and woke up around 1ishPM...woke up to immediately eat yummy yummy pizza! Then I had to pack up...rest a while and then we had we went to a nice "cozy" (depending on who you talk to ;-)) French restaurant. Sigh...the farewell dinner...

The vacation has come and gone! We were so blessed to have such great weather these past two weeks! But yesterday was the first rainy day I really encountered while I've been here, but it wasn't so bad...(::Sniff:: Denmark's sad to see me go!) :-P


To Sidsel and Troels: Thank you so much for taking care of me and showing me around. You've been great hosts and I will miss you both a great deal!

Troels: I'm going to miss your video-gaming, goofy "colorfully opinionated ;-)" nature. :-D You're a great guy, thanks for introducing me to your family, the fun foods, and my new comic book addiction!!! Take care of my girl, Sidsel and I wish you all the best with the job hunt. And congratulations on your new toy, Red Chili!

Sidsel: It brought back GREAT memories to be roomies again for these past two weeks! I love you *SO* much and I'm teary to think that we'll be countries apart again soon. :-( Thanks for re-introducing me to your families, the girl-to-girl chats, and the yummy home-cooking! I pray that you have a successful and fun final year of college.


I wish all the best for you both and I *really* hope to see you next year in Seattle! That would mean the WORLD to me! Remember to keep me posted!

Until next time! T-Minus 10 hours until I board the plane back to the beautiful U.S. of A!


Godnat!


PS

Troels: I'll trade you TWO Stink Beans for a Chili Bean IF you bring Bohnanza to the states next year! THREE Wax Beans on me! :-D hehehe....(But no Blue Beans, k thanks. :-D) hehe! I made a funny...;-) Love you both!

PPS

On another note: I still remember. I will never forget.

1 comment:

Sidsel said...

It's so empty here with out you and I can't believe you're not gonna be here anymore when I get home from school. I miss you already and we just got back from the airport :-( I hope you had a good flight, and that you got checked in up there! Love you and hopefully we'll see each other next year.

Me