Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day 8: Dim Sum in Denmark! :-D

We started off the day with going to mass at Sankt Knud Lavard. They had English masses, but why would I go to that when I can always do that at home? So we went to a Danish-speaking mass...it was very cool. :-) I knew most of the songs and the service music, but it was sung in Danish!! Very awesome. :-)

It was a humble and simplistic church, not elaborate like the ones in Copenhagen for the Protestant religions, but it was very communal and welcoming. :-) A lot of the Danish immigrants attended, lots of Vietnamese, Chinese were the majority of the congregation. (Don't ask me what the homily was about, though coz' I have no idea...and apparently neither do my friends because it was an Indian priest trying to speak Danish. :-P)

During the day Troels stepped out with his friends and bought his dream canoe! :-D (I hope they call her "Red Chili" :-D hehe)

And then in the evening I treated them out for their very first taste of dim sum and Royal Garden in Copenhagen. I was impressed, *very* yummy! ~Apparently we were sitting next to a very famous chef in Denmark. I was next to a celebrity and didn't even know it!

---------------------------------------

Tomorrow Sidsel and I will be heading off to Helsingor to see "Hamlet's Castle" :-) and then dinner with her mommy.

Tuesday night: Tivoli

Wednesday night: Dinner with Troel's parents

Thursday: Christiania...lol, check it out at christiania.org

Friday: Copenhagen shopping with Sidsel, and a final night out in the city!

Saturday: Last day here. ::sniff:: Food/Packing day.

Sunday: Back to the U.S. of A...sigh. :-P


I pray we have perfect weather this week just as we have been having. :-)

No comments: